In this episode of The Forgotten Flix Podcast, we really, really try not to answer the phone when we discuss that cheery, holiday staple, Black Christmas (1974)!
Directed by: Bob Clark
Screenplay by: Roy Moore
Starring: Olivia Hussey, Keir Dullea, John Saxon, Andrea Martin, and Margot Kidder.
Synopsis (courtesy of Wikipedia): Black Christmas is a 1974 Canadian slasher film directed by Bob Clark and written by A. Roy Moore, and largely based on a series of murders that took place in Quebec, Canada around Christmas time. The film’s score is by Carl Zittrer.
It was distributed by Ambassador Film Distributors in Canada and Warner Bros. in the United States. It follows a group of college students who must face a deranged serial killer lurking in their sorority house. It stars Olivia Hussey, Keir Dullea, Margot Kidder, Andrea Martin, Marian Waldman, and John Saxon. A remake of the same name directed by Glen Morgan was released on December 25, 2006. The movie was inspired by an urban legend called “The Baby-Sitter.”
This week’s Movie Picks are:
Strange Brew (1984)
House of the Devil (2009)
Join us next week when our feature presentation is Gremlins (1984) !
Got a promo? Want it featured on Forgotten Flix? Well, send us a message telling us about your podcast (along with a link to your promo so we can check it out) to:firstname.lastname@example.org!
- The fantastic show-note art provided by artist Kevin Spencer. Please check out his other groovy artwork at inkspatters.com!
- The hilarious spoiler alert featured in this episode provided by Jay V. Please check out his hilarious podcast at JayVMail.com!
- Send your feedback to email@example.com or leave a voice mail message at 206.203.0491.
- Be sure to subscribe on iTunes and leave us a review! Click here to visit our iTunes page.
- And be sure to click the Like button for the Forgotten Flix Facebook page in the sidebar!
Black Christmas (1974) Trailer